We seek a dynamic Assistive Technology Instructor to teach low vision and blind consumers, as well as those who work with them, to use mainstream technology with assistive technology for employment and/or educational purposes. The Assistive Technology Instructor works with consumers and referral agencies to determine the most appropriate computer access product(s) and training goals. Incumbents will perform direct instruction on computers, devices and applications and tablets and cellphones; provide assistive technology assessments, generate training and assessment reports; respond to questions submitted to Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) Computer Training Alumni Google Group and perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and CATIS certification preferred, 2-3 years’ experience as an Assistive Technology Instructor for the blind or 5 plus years as a user who demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the software products required.
• Ability to self-teach or collaborate with co-workers when possible to learn new or unfamiliar technology.
• Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot technical problems and identify support systems when necessary.
• Posses excellent interpersonal and strong written/oral communication skills.
• Capable of working autonomously or as part of a team.
• Advanced knowledge of the following: JAWS for Windows, ZoomText/Fusion, Voiceover on Mac and iPhone, Victor Reader Stream, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2020/365 including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Web browsers for navigating websites, and Adobe Reader, TalkBack on Androids, Zoom meetings.