Reader’s Digest Partners for Sight Foundation (RDPFS) is dedicated to fostering the independence of people who are blind and visually impaired (BVI). Through its grantmaking, RDPFS works towards making a difference in the lives of BVI individuals and partners with local and national organizations that assist, support, and train blind and visually impaired people. In addition to grantmaking, the Foundation runs a large print publication business that delivers a much needed service to its subscribers. The Foundation aims to foster systemic change that creates a more accessible world for BVI individuals.
The Executive Director is a full time position that serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation, leading the Foundation’s business and operations and reporting to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be the chief advocate for the Foundation's systemic change initiatives and will be responsible for identifying and executing strategies that drive the foundation’s desired impacts and outcomes.
The Executive Director is responsible for planning, implementing, supervising, reporting on and measuring the success of all Foundation activities. The Executive Director is also responsible for identifying areas of unmet program needs for new grantmaking opportunities. The Executive Director works closely with a diverse group of stakeholders in the BVI and philanthropic communities to develop and maintain collaborations for programming, funding, awareness, and advocacy.
The Executive Director will be the chief advocate for implementing the recently drafted Strategic Plan and Theory of Change, and will publicly represent the Foundation in a variety of forums and community settings to drive those efforts.
The ideal candidate will have lived experience in the BVI community and a passion for the Foundation’s mission.
Key Responsibilities: Direct and manage the Foundation’s overall grantmaking strategy, communications, partnership development, fiscal management, advocacy within the BVI community, large print publication business board communication.
● Industry experience: 10 years working for nonprofits, at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity and senior leadership role, working with diverse populations, ideally in the BVI field.
● Grantmaking: Experience in development of innovative grant making approaches and management of a diverse grant portfolio.
● Foundation Management: Proven management and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work with a board in a consensus-based environment..
● Community Relations: Experience developing a strong community presence with a focus on the BVI community. Proven ability to raise the visibility of an organization by articulating an inspiring vision and engaging critical stakeholders. Experience convening public events and developing collaborative partnerships in the community.
● Financial Management: Strong financial acumen including experience in developing and managing operating budgets and in analyzing nonprofit financial statements and budgets.
For a full description including key responsibilities & the ideal candidate’s qualifications, see http://bitly.ws/bpUn.
How to Apply
To apply, email a resume & cover letter addressing the position’s responsibilities, qualifications & salary requirements to readersdigestpartnerssearch [at] supportcenteronline.org. This is a rolling review process; early applications are encouraged.