Organize, plan, teach, and direct the provision of rehabilitative services (communication, personal, and home management skills) to legally blind and visually impaired individuals.
Establish and maintain a working relationship with local area social services and rehabilitative agencies to ensure the effective delivery of services to CB consumers.
Train and supervise home instructor trainers.
Provide in-service training for various agencies and institutions as requested.
Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview.
1. A master's or bachelor's degree in rehabilitation teaching of the blind
2. A Bachelor's Degree and successful completion of the following courses:
Anatomy of the Eye and Low Vision
Psycho-Social Aspects of Visual Impairment
Medical Aspects of Disability
Grade II Braille
Methods in Rehabilitation Teaching
Practicum, Field Work, or Internship in Rehabilitation Teaching (See Note 1)
3. Current certification as a Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist (CVRT) from the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP), or a National Certification in Rehabilitation Teaching for the Blind (NCRTB) from the National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB). (See Note 2).
1. If applying under Option 2 of the Minimum Qualifications, please provide a list of the required courses that you have successfully completed in the Course Information section of the application. Transcripts showing successful completion will be required.
2. If applying under Option 3 of the Minimum Qualifications, please include your certification details in the License or Certification section of the application.