- Be directly responsible to the Administrator of Related Services and Technology.
- Work with and under the immediate direction of Teachers of the Visually Impaired.
- Braille, record, enlarge textbooks, workbooks, worksheets, and diagnostic tests that are not available through state agencies.
- Use word processing programs such as Word
- Order, return, and distribute large print and braille books under teachers' supervision.
- Assist Vision Teachers with modifications and supplemental services necessary for the education of students with visual impairments.
- Participate in training on any new Vision technology (e.g. software, computers, adaptive assisted devices).
- Assist the teacher(s) with: Planning, production, and organization of instructional material.
- Participate in appropriate in-service education and Related Services Department activities and meetings.
- Accept personal responsibility for the care of school facilities, supplies and equipment.
- Work toward developing and maintaining, in oneself and in the students, proper attitudes, good work habits, and respect for the rights and properties of others.
- Perform additional duties assigned by the Administrator of Related Services and Technology.
** Please apply online and upload resume: https://springfieldpsma.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=4814
Primary Location: Central Office - Special Education and Related Services
Salary Range: Based on collective bargaining unit salary schedule
Shift Type: Full Time - Full Year
<p> Paraprofessional with the following skills <strong><em>preferred</em></strong>:</p>
<li>Ability to navigate the internet and download software.</li>
<li>Typing and keyboarding skills, basic understanding of Word</li>
<li>Effective communication and interpersonal skills.</li>
<li>Office skills to include: take, understand, and relay phone messages to teachers, perform general office duties such as filing, organizing and maintain records.</li>
<li>Willingness to learn new skills.</li>
<p><strong>** Please apply online and upload resume: <a href="https://springfieldpsma.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=4814">https:…;
<p>Job Contact Information:</p>
<p>Title: Cheryl Lilley, Administrator of Related Services and Technology</p>
<p>Phone: 413-787-7100 Ext. 5622</p>