District Visual Impairment Teacher ( Part-Time)
Provides instruction and support in adaptive reading, math, and other skills and techniques specific to students with visual impairments (VI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
* Instructs students in reading and writing skills, using magnification equipment and large print material and/or Braille.
* Instructs students with VI in various assistive technology devices (CCTV, iPad), equipment, and software designed for individuals
who are blind/visually impaired.
* Confers, consults, and collaborates with teachers, parents, administrators, related service providers, and other staff to develop
individual education programs and appropriate data-driven instructional support for students with VI.
* Plans and prepares lessons, and produces other adaptive instructional materials, according to grade and functioning level of
* Provides instructional support for students with VI in academic subject areas and provides instruction in expanded core curriculum
such as daily living skills and community-based instruction.
* Conduct formal and informal assessments of students to assist in the determination of visual impairment (VI) eligibility and present
level of academic and functional performance and the impact of vision loss in the school environment.
* Completes evaluations, reports, and progress reports for students with VI.
* Develops, facilitates, and/or participates in Individual Education Program (IEP) team meetings for students with VI, following all
required rules and local procedures.
* Establishes and maintains appropriate and timely data collection systems and records
* Other responsibilities as assigned
MA DESE license: Teacher of the Visually Impaired