1. Develop and implement appropriate individualized IEP goals and objectives.
2. Prepare CSE packets as required.
3. Ensure IEP Compliance.
4. Establish and maintain professional working relationships.
5. Support districts/teachers with their inquiries.
6. Conduct Functional Vision and/or O/M Assessments.
7. Perform related duties as agreed upon with the department administrators.
1. NYS Certification as a Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired required.
2. Experience as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired/Mobility preferred.
3. Training in Orientation and Mobility preferred.
4. Demonstrate ability to instruct in Braille inclusive of Nemeth Code preferred.
5. Experience and/or knowledge of Assistive Technology preferred.
6. Open minded and flexible.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Possess a valid New York State Driver’s License.
9. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation).