Mobility Etc. is a small contracting, educational base company looking for additional staff to support the Northern Virginia area within school districts, infant based programs, and adult services. Come join the team of a highly qualified COMS with over 13 years of experience working with a variety of people who are blind and visually impaired.
• Direct TVI/O&M services as governed by student’s Individualized Education Plans (I.E.P’s)
• Assesses students (LMA/FVA/ECC) using appropriate instrument of measurement;
• Prepare/transcribe appropriate materials,
• Obtain needed resources that will help to meet the needs of each student
• Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of progress on each student
• Submit accurate monthly service logs and time sheets providing documentation of services related to assignment
• Obtain current eye reports and all necessary medical records on each student
• Write, revise and update I.E.P.’s and providing progress towards goals in accordance with division policies.
• Attend I.E.P. and /or eligibility meetings upon request, and provide recommendations
• Confer with parents/guardians, medical personnel, teachers and other school personnel as necessary
• Adhere to all pertinent laws, regulations, and policies as they relate to the assignment, including maintenance of confidentiality.
COMPENSTATION: Starting $55 hourly based off of experience, sign-on bonus, and continuing education stipend
CONTACT: Jacquelyn Pavelko, President/COMS www.mobility-etc.com cell: (269) 330-3433 email: jacquelynpavelko [at] mobility-etc.com
Must hold a bachelor or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Orientation and Mobility and/or a Teaching license in VI. ACVREP certified preferred but not required. If not currently certified, employment will be contingent upon becoming ACVREP certified within 6 months.
Candidate must have successful teaching experience working with students and adults, of a variety of ages, who are blind or visually impaired. Excellent human relations, interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, organizational and planning skills are required.
Applicant must have comprehensive knowledge of characteristics of individuals with visual impairments and other disabilities to include developmental, cognitive, socio-cultural influences and health related problems. Must have the ability to recognize and respond to individual student differences. Must be able to work in a collaborative and cooperative manner with parents, co-workers, school staff, and service providers.
Must have a clean background check, valid driver's license and clean driving record, with insurance, and be willing to transport student for O&M lessons, if required.