Admissions to all University of Massachusetts Boston Graduate Programs are coordinated through the Office of Graduate Admissions.
All application documents must be received and processed by 1 March. Note: It can take up to 14 days for Graduate Admissions to process documents.
Program information requests or questions should be directed to TVI Program Coordinator, Tammy Reisman at email@example.com.
Apply to UMass Boston Vision Studies Program: Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments
1. Complete the University of Massachusetts Boston Graduate application process, including the following:
- Graduate Admissions online application. Specify that you are applying to the Vision Studies: Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments track.
- Obtain 2-3 letters of recommendation. Emphasis should be placed on academic and professional references.
- Evidence of MTEL: Communication and Literacy. This MTEL is one of the three test required for TVI licensure.
- Official transcripts (a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is required for admissions to a master's degree program.)
- Two part essay
- Explain your reasons for wishing to pursue graduate studies (approximately 300 words)
- Indicate your specific interest and discuss why you have selected TVI (approximately 1,200 words)
Please note that this statement will be reviewed for both your overall message and your ability to write at the graduate level. Proofread your writing carefully; it is ranked according to its clarity, grammar, and syntax.
2. Interview with the Program Coordinator